Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Nuff lazyness, Cathy is back (for now)

It's been a while since I've blogged (well maybe just a LIL longer than a while, few months to be exact?), but I've finally decided to and mustered up the energy/spirit to blog.

So many different types of events, good and bad, has happened these past few months that I have no idea where to begin or what to even include in this blog entry. In saying this, let us just use photos to depict the events of my life in the last couple of weeks =]




This "60's inspired look" was for my friend Helen's portfolio as she does a makeup course at Cut above, looks pretty funky right?

Just a bit of background information on the fashion side of the 60's era, one of the major influences of this time was the model 'Twiggy'. Her trademark look was her short cropped hair, androgenous looks and not to mention, the exaggerated eyelashes she wore.



Helen did a pretty good job of replicating the styles of the 60's didn't she?


A couple of weeks ago, my mum, her friend and I went to check out some christmas lights down a road in Ponsonby which also happened to be the road my mum works at (lucky mummy!).
Here are just some photos of my favourite houses during the night.


This one was just amazing, the whole house was practically covered in lights and it seemed like one of the favourites amongst curious onlookers hoping to catch a glimpse of the marvelous creation.


Although this house wasn't completely decorated or anywhere near as extravagent as some of the other houses, what drew me to really take notice, was this seal-like light sculpture of some sort, maybe because it was unique and different.


Now...this is my favourite house of the night, it wasn't the most decorated one, the most colourful one or the most popular but something about it just makes me <3 it. Sometimes words cannot explain how much you <3 something or how it triggers your emotions and feelings.

I have a lot more photos I can put up and write about however, if I did that I would be up all night with panda eyes by tomorrow morning. So instead, I'll call it a night and hopefully I will update real soon with something more inspirational =]

No comments:

Post a Comment