Friday, September 3, 2010

Patience, Humility and Gentleness.


Normally you don't hear or see these three words jumping out at you on billboards or ads, as you walk through the city or when you turn the TV on. But during the last three days of my life when I went to church camp, these words were somewhat carved into my head and initiator of the many thoughts I have at this moment in time.

I gotta be honest.. I don't think I fulfill any of the three qualities listed. When I think of Patience, I think of threading a piece of wool through a tiny hole on a knitting needle. When I think of Humility, I think of either Mother Teresa or Nelson Mandela. And when I think of Gentleness, what comes to mind is the soft splashing of waves along the edges of the seashore.

I tend to epitomize from time to time, at the end of the day, I'm probably just like any other 20 year old in New Zealand. Patience can be mastered, Humility can be nurtured and Gentleness, well, gentleness can probably be mastered as well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment