Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Element of Surprise minus(-) the Pessimism


This entry is actually dedicated to one of my wonderful readers...Lucius!!!
Thank you for bringing me such a positive surprise and review of my blog, I really appreciate the support :D

To be honest, when I first started out blogging just a while ago, I didn't think anyone would read it. Well, anyone apart from the people I beg and bribe of course. But like they say, miracles do happen. Miracle or not, it's a pleasant surprise and boost in confidence.

Sometimes it's surprises like these that make each day worthwhile even if you've been through the toughest exam, or just had the worst winter's day experience. It could be something so insignificant or just a mere comment that can open your eyes to a whole new side of picture laid out in front of you. Each new day we may be faced with trials and obstacles to overcome, we can either choose to look at them simply as trials and obstacles, or we can change our outlook and think of them as surprises in our life that's meant to be enjoyed and not endured.

It true what they say, it's easier said than done. Sure. But if we always think that way, how are we ever going to get anywhere? Pessimism gets hold of everyone, even the most optimistic of people. As hard as changing our outlook can be, in the end it's up to choice and sacrifice. It's as simple as that. I can say from experience that through changing how I think about situations and looking towards the brighter side of things, positive surprises are not so hard to find anymore. Maybe you just havn't been looking hard enough ;)

7 comments:

  1. "As hard as changing our outlook can be, in the end it's up to choice and sacrifice." - Utilitarianism.

    Transform trials and obstacles into surprises: when I was in primary school my Maths teacher told us if you did not do well in Maths, tried to love it and made a friend with it then you wouldn't find it to be an obstacle in your life. But still, too hard :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you get the main points of my posts, shows effort :D Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's a miracle that people read your blog ... well you post the link on your msn and facebook ... quite hard for people not to see it!
    Maybe many of your friends just read it then leave because they don't have an account :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone can leave a msg, don't need an account. Anyways it's a miracle to me no matter what anyone thinks. It's a surprising miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi darling

    first comment :D
    i didnt know you could write so well hehe
    keep up the good work!

    i shall be ur no. 1 fan
    hohoho
    <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovee ure blog, it is true that "pessimism gets hold of everyone, even the most optimistic of people." :( but mostly everything will be fine in the end, if it ain't, then its not the end. :) hope ure well, miss u <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angee: Aww you're too sweet =] Thanks for reading my blog, love ur support! That quote 'everything will be fine in the end, if it ain't, then its not the end' is so true~ Miss you lots, keep reading kk

    ReplyDelete